Well, if there is any concern, it is that the chance of storms has increased according to one model. The good news, though, is that it has dropped to near-zero in the other model. In fact, I feel more confident that the rain will be very scattered at worst at this point. Thus, if it rains, it’ll be very quick. The lifted index, which is a measure of how unstable the atmosphere is, is positive in one model and negative in another. You want it positive. Honestly, I feel confident we’ll race, and pretty sure we’ll see 500 miles. Any rain should be easily cleared from the track as it won’t be long and soaking. I’m going to 20%, but that’s just because it’s closer. I feel better now than I did two days ago.
Thus, the official iiMy forecast!
- Approx. Green Flag Time: 12:00 EDT
- Television: ABC
- Temperature: 80°F
- Dew Point: 65°F
- Relative Humidity: 60%
- Winds: Northeasterly at 8 mph
- Chance of Rain: 20%
- Will We Race: A delay is possible, but certainly.